Can I separate LS Server and HTML client projects? RRS feed

• Question

• I have LS project which references a RIA service for my datasource.  If I tweak a table by adding a new column, the update of the datasource object sometimes fails to add that column.  The only way to get it to update completely, is to remove the table and then re-add.  The problem with doing so is that this destroys my screens that are based on this table.

Is it possible to have separate projects, one for the server and one for the client?  In other words have them in different solutions?

Or (I have not tried this one), could I unload the client, fix my tables, and then reload the client?

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:20 PM

Answers

• HI,

According to current information, there aren't approriate methods to separate LS Server and HTML client projects.

For your situation, you should troubleshoot why update your datasource failed, the error message will be helpful for us to give precise troubleshooting for you.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 25, 2013 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:59 AM