Errors in project solution." RRS feed

• Question

• User1421620300 posted

I have Visual Studio Web projects inside folders that i have not made adjustments to changing automatically. After closing these projects and then coming back to them at later dates, i find that they cannot be run due to errors of different types. Is this default behavior of Visual studio or something else. Is there a general explanation? Markus33 

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:29 PM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

A sample of the error you have could likely help to better understand what happens. Do you have on e error that seems to be the most frequent in your error list ? Striclly speaking I don't see why a project that was running wouldn't run the next time (unless maybe opening projects done a long ago with a previous version ?)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:56 PM
  • User1120430333 posted

Yeah putting things in a folder is called namespace seperation. The calles in the folder should be using the folder name as part of the namespace name. And then you'll have to start doing using namespace; to address a class in the namespace that creating a folder in the project soes.. 

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:41 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

A sample of the error you have could likely help to better understand what happens. Do you have on e error that seems to be the most frequent in your error list ? Striclly speaking I don't see why a project that was running wouldn't run the next time (unless maybe opening projects done a long ago with a previous version ?)

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:56 PM
  • User1120430333 posted

Yeah putting things in a folder is called namespace seperation. The calles in the folder should be using the folder name as part of the namespace name. And then you'll have to start doing using namespace; to address a class in the namespace that creating a folder in the project soes.. 

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:41 PM