none
Auto-Run Macros? RRS feed

• Question

• I inherited an Excel 2010 workbook which runs a macro that alters the ribbon by adding a custom ribbon tab and removing all others (with the exception of the File tab) - no big deal.  Inspection of the Fileà Options à Customize Ribbon (or Quick Access Toolbar) is empty – blank, nothing to choose from.  Inspecting the VB code I cannot find the code which actually implements the change to the ribbon bar.  In addition, I cannot find an _Activate event nor can I find a _Open event – but the macro definitely runs when the book is opened; also, there are no external .dll or xla files.  The workbook/worksheets are not protected – I can open it all in the VBA editor.  There is a little bit of VBA in the Excel Workbook object, a few Forms, and two modules and in all of this 1) I cannot find the code which is used to modify the ribbon and 2) cannot find the macro which is run when the book is opened.   My questions is:  1)  Other than the _Activate and _Open event, is there another way to launch a macro when a workbook is opened?  2) Is it possible to selectivity hide macros? 

Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:28 PM

All replies

• There is no VBA Code modyf your ribbon.

You should change file extension to ZIP and search customUI.xml file inside them.

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP - www.VBATools.pl
    if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:50 AM
    Answerer