none
How to handle with wrongly positioned label on the map? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking for assistance with the removal of a label which is wrongly positioned on Bing Maps. I have been trying to remove it from there for almost an year via numerous reports from "feedback", unfortunately without any success.

It's about Hilton Budapest City's location http://www.bing.com/local/details.aspx?lid=YN8081x17899624152398789256. We are worried that another hotel (Boscolo Budapest Hotel), which location has nothing in common with our hotel's, is positioned in a very close proximity to Hilton's premises. Please remove the label "Boscolo Budapest Hotel WestEnd City Centre" from the commercial centre grounds.

Please be assured that Hilton Budapest City (previously named Hilton Budapest WestEnd) is the only hotel which occupies the Budapest WestEnd mall. You may verify the actual position of Boscolo hotel in their official website http://budapest.boscolohotels.com/location-5-star-hotel-central-budapest. 

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Nevena

Friday, September 9, 2016 7:15 AM

Answers

• To verify, the issue is that "Boscolo Budapest Hotel" is displayed in the wrong location. Interestingly, if I pass this into the search box Bing Maps shows the correct location for that hotel. Not sure why the label appears in the wrong place. Will pass this on to the appropriate team to investigate.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, September 9, 2016 4:58 PM
  • Thought I had responded back earlier to this. Sorry for the delay. This issue has been resolved on bing.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:19 PM
  • The Map already says Hilton Budapest City. Looking into this page the issue is with the venue map which is a deprecated feature. That page you are seeing will be migrated to the new platform sometime in the next 6 months at which point the venue map will no longer appear.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:24 AM
  • This issue will not be fixed as this feature of the map is no longer maintained and is being removed in the near future. The page you pointed to in particular has fairly low traffic, and will be updated within the next 6 months (likely in the next couple of months). At which point the new version of Bing Maps will be used on that page and the feature that is showing the old data will be removed. I can log this data issue as a bug, but this will be categorized as low priority by the team and not looked at for months.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:20 PM

All replies

• To verify, the issue is that "Boscolo Budapest Hotel" is displayed in the wrong location. Interestingly, if I pass this into the search box Bing Maps shows the correct location for that hotel. Not sure why the label appears in the wrong place. Will pass this on to the appropriate team to investigate.

Friday, September 9, 2016 4:58 PM
  • Hello Ricky,

Thank you very much for looking into my question.

This is to confirm that the issue is with the wrongly positioned label of "Boscolo Budapest Hotel" in a very close proximity to Hilton Budapest City's location. As you noted, the pin location itself is correctly positioned on the map, we only need the label to be removed from the area.

Hope to hear some good news from the dedicated team soon.

Kind Regards,
    Nevena

Saturday, September 10, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Thought I had responded back earlier to this. Sorry for the delay. This issue has been resolved on bing.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Hello Ricky,

Many thanks for your help with the removal of wrongly positioned Boscolo label from Hilton Budapest City's location.

If convenient, may I address small additional request to make the best out of it. It seems that Boscolo has been replaced with "Hilton Budapest Westend", which is actually the previous hotel name. Kindly update it to "Hilton Budapest City". http://www.bing.com/local/details.aspx?lid=YN8081x17899624152398789256

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Nevena

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:25 PM
  • I have passed this information on to the team.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:37 PM
  • Hello Ricky,

Hope all is well with you.

I was wondering if you have heard from the team about the update of old Hilton Budapest Westend title in Bing Maps. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,
    Nevena

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:12 PM
  • The Map already says Hilton Budapest City. Looking into this page the issue is with the venue map which is a deprecated feature. That page you are seeing will be migrated to the new platform sometime in the next 6 months at which point the venue map will no longer appear.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:24 AM
  • Hello Ricky,

Thank you for the quick response.

I appreciate the fact that the issue will be gone along with the deprecated feature in 6 months, yet we are afraid we need it updated/removed sooner than that, as the hotel changed its legal name from Hilton Budapest WestEnd to Hilton Budapest City in Feb 2014 and all old mentions were supposed to be deleted by now.

I hope you'd be able to accelerate the update.

Kind Regards,
    Nevena

Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:04 PM
  • This issue will not be fixed as this feature of the map is no longer maintained and is being removed in the near future. The page you pointed to in particular has fairly low traffic, and will be updated within the next 6 months (likely in the next couple of months). At which point the new version of Bing Maps will be used on that page and the feature that is showing the old data will be removed. I can log this data issue as a bug, but this will be categorized as low priority by the team and not looked at for months.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:20 PM
  • Hello Ricky,

Hope all is well with you.

Further to our previous discussion regarding the outdated label "Hilton Budapest WestEnd" available at https://binged.it/2lBBDg5, I wanted to inform you that, unfortunately, it hasn't been updated to "Hilton Budapest City" yet. As a whole year have passed without any sign that this would be resolved, would you please double-check if anything further can be done, please?

Kind Regards,
    Nevena

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:40 AM
  • Can't test at the moment but this was corrected ages ago. Might be a regression. Will take a loom next week when I'm back in the office.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:18 AM
  • Thanks for reaching back, Ricky. Looking forward to hearing from you then. J

Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:49 AM
  • Ok, Looks like "Westend" should be "City". May have been a regression. Have reported this to the team so they can investigate and figure out if this was a regression and if so, how to prevent this from happening again. They will also correct the label as well.

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:09 AM
  • Thanks for keeping me updated, Ricky. Hopefully the team will detect the issue and resolve it eventually.

Friday, November 10, 2017 9:07 AM
  • Hello Ricky,

The issue with the wrong label is still on the table https://binged.it/2DkMnUr. Perhaps you would be able to check it out with the team?

Sorry for bothering you again, but it's about time to have this rectified.

Regards,
    Nevena

Friday, January 19, 2018 9:40 AM