none
Kinect sensor "isOpen" but not "isAvailable" RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there, I'm new to Kinect programming, and right now I'm trying to write a real simple Kinect app in C# to initialize a sensor and write the hair color of a target person to the console. So I've initialized my sensor my calling GetDefault() and Open(), which according to the definition in the API, should mean that the sensor is also Available to receive frames. But, it's returning '0' for my hair color, and calling "isOpen" and "isAvailable" has revealed that, while my sensor is indeed open, it is not available to receive frames, and isn't actually gathering data when asked to. Any suggestions about why this might be?

Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

For an hair color sample see this article on Skin and Hair color.

To get frames of data, you have to setup event handlers to listen for specific frame arrived events. At which point you can retrieve the data you're looking for.

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:21 PM