none
Batching..and Debatching RRS feed

• Question

• Hello !

I am receiving a batched EDI 850 from a customer..I want to debatch it ...do some transformation and then batch it into xml ?

Simply what I want to do some transformation into internal format ....Do you think it is necessary to debatch the file first and then apply mapping and how can I batch it again into xml .....??

1) Can I do  batching ---debatching and the batching again using send port ...or orchestration is necessary ?

2 ) Can I apply mapping on a batch file or do i I have to debatch it first ....

Thanks

Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi

Once you are done with the map between the main(batched) schema and the custom format schema, then you can generate the XSL file by using validate map. Right click your map file and select validate map. This will generate an XSL file which you can see in the output window. Now you can save this xsl file and then modify it.

Nikhil

Monday, May 10, 2010 3:56 PM
  • Hello Carlos!

Do you a sample for the SQL and could you outline the steps please ?

Thanks

See if this helps. This is a bare procedure, but basically this will create an xml file that you will feed to biztalk. Make sure you update the record you select so that you dont have dups. I typically declare a variable and use that for my select then I update it. It is very easy.
      BEGIN

WITH XMLNAMESPACES ('Insert name you like' AS uri)
    						Select NULL,
    						(
    							Select NULL,
    							(

SELECT 
    								from 	dbo.tablename  as [insert whatever you like]
    							--	WHERE 	you can use condition and then at the end
    							       --of this procedure update that column 

FOR XML AUTO, BINARY BASE64, TYPE 
    							)
    						FOR XML PATH('after'), BINARY BASE64, TYPE
    						)
    						FOR XML PATH('sync'), BINARY BASE64, TYPE

END

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, May 10, 2010 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi

There is a similar thread which is discussing about mapping without debatching the EDI document. Refer http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkediandas2/thread/455155bd-a82b-4805-80a9-4fc4ebb3d827

So option 2 is appropriate for you.

Nikhil

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:06 AM
  • User;

I just ran into the same problem and this is the solution. If you are batching into a propietary format, forget BizTalk to handle the batching. The best way I found to batch an internal format you should us SQL to create the output, batch it and then feed it to BizTalk. Another option is to create a custom orchestration, but I found that batching the transaction and feeding it to biztalk ready to go is MUCH easier.

Monday, May 10, 2010 3:01 PM
  • Hello Carlos!

Thanks

Monday, May 10, 2010 3:28 PM
  • Hello Nikhil!

Any idea what file i have to save as XSL ...I am confused here  a little bit ...

Thanks

Monday, May 10, 2010 3:29 PM
  • Hi

Once you are done with the map between the main(batched) schema and the custom format schema, then you can generate the XSL file by using validate map. Right click your map file and select validate map. This will generate an XSL file which you can see in the output window. Now you can save this xsl file and then modify it.

Nikhil

Monday, May 10, 2010 3:56 PM
  • Hello Carlos!

Thanks

See if this helps. This is a bare procedure, but basically this will create an xml file that you will feed to biztalk. Make sure you update the record you select so that you dont have dups. I typically declare a variable and use that for my select then I update it. It is very easy.
      BEGIN

WITH XMLNAMESPACES ('Insert name you like' AS uri)
    						Select NULL,
    						(
    							Select NULL,
    							(

SELECT 
    								from 	dbo.tablename  as [insert whatever you like]
    							--	WHERE 	you can use condition and then at the end
    							       --of this procedure update that column 

FOR XML AUTO, BINARY BASE64, TYPE 
    							)
    						FOR XML PATH('after'), BINARY BASE64, TYPE
    						)
    						FOR XML PATH('sync'), BINARY BASE64, TYPE

END

Monday, May 10, 2010 4:38 PM
  • Is it not as simple as setting the "preserve interchange" on the EDI disassembler in your custom pipeline?

Best regards,

Pieter Vandenheede

- CODit BizTalk Engineer

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:16 PM