Upgrading a project to Lightswitch v3 fails and crashes Visual studio RRS feed

Answers

• you might have to do a manual migration as described here.

I had the same crashes on 2 projects but was able to migrate them manually. If there are no WCF_Ria services involved, then it is rather straight forward.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, July 8, 2013 2:30 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:28 PM

All replies

• you might have to do a manual migration as described here.

I had the same crashes on 2 projects but was able to migrate them manually. If there are no WCF_Ria services involved, then it is rather straight forward.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, July 8, 2013 2:30 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:28 PM
  • Dear falkao,

Thanks for your answer,

I followed your suggestion and finally managed to get a v3 project working. This was more complicated than described in the referenced post, as I had to manually change parts of the converted lsml files, i.e. concerning the Global parameters.

Those global parameters were located also in the common project which does not exists anymore, so I moved it to the server\shared as for the other files in common; also adding a link in the client project to this file. Then, as the namespace had changed (was previously part of the common project), I had to change references to previous namespace in the lsml files, because this is used to generate code.

I get it compile and working more or less.. still some issues to check, but already got most of it. Thanks

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 11:46 AM