none
Boost library forces me to use SP1's runtime RRS feed

• Question

• I once installed Visual Studio 2005's SP1 on my computer, and it installed VC80.CRT version 8.0.50727.762.  I have now uninstalled SP1 and checked the Winsxs directory to make sure that version of C library runtime is not there anymore.

I like to use Boost library from www.boost.org.  After I have installed and deinstalled SP1,  whenever I created a C library which used Boost, and I create another project which implicitly link that library, dependency walker shows that I require the 8.0.50727.762 version of VC80.CRT.  I have since recompiled the Boost without the SP1, but somehow, dependency walker still sees that I need that 762 version of RTL.  Once I remove Boost, the dependency disappears.

I made sure I used the staticly linked version of boost, so I don't depend on Boost's DLL files.  Since LIB files don't contain manifests, how can depedency walker find out what RTL version it needs?  How can I remove depedency on 762 version?  I don't want to do manual MT.exe linking.  It seems like I did not clean/uninstall all artifact of SP1 completely.  Help!

Friday, April 20, 2007 5:50 AM

All replies