Unable to delete AD, can't modify subscription directories RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Backstory: I am trying to figure out what has gone wrong with my Active Directory in Azure. I am getting an exception when trying to login/register through an ASP.Net app, error is along the lines of not being able to find a SQL Server instance. This is most likely because I added a new subscription Pay-as-you-go after my Free Trial expired and all of my Free Trial sites/databases became inoperable. I believe the free trial db I had was synched with the AD I have.

So now I am thinking if I delete the existing AD I can sync the new db up with a new AD... I can't delete the AD because it is associated with an existing subscription's directory (default directory). I have tried changing the directory for my subscriptions but when I edit that, I only see "None" for the Directory choices.

So yeah, any ideas? 

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Ferr,

When you attempt to edit the default directory for a subscription, you need to ensure that the other directory to which you want to change it to is accessible by the account you are logged in as at the time.

If the account your logged in as for your FREE Trial Subscription {Service Administrator} is not a Global Administrator in the Directory that was created with your PAY-AS-YOU-GO subscription then you won't see this and therefore that is why you have no other directories to choose from.

If you login to your PAY-AS-YOU-GO subscription, and add your Free Trial Subscription Service Administrator as a Global Administrator to the New Directory by clicking Add User > Microsoft Account [assume that is what your using?] and then attempt to re-do the process you should find everything will be ok.

I hope that helps,

Thanks,

James.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:55 PM