none
After latest SDK update I can't build all older projects!

Question

• I installed latest SDK update from 30th November 2015 and now all my older project based on Universal Apps I can't build. But I was missing last Windows Update 1511, 10586.

I tried to delete them and download from Visual Studio Online again, but it didn't help.
    Funny thing is that new plain project I can compile and start.

Here is error message: The type 'IAsyncAction' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Windows, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, ContentType=WindowsRuntime'.

Any advice?

• Moved by Kristin Xie Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:51 AM move to better forum
    Tuesday, December 08, 2015 10:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lucian/archive/2015/06/01/win10-apps-in-net-references.aspx

Try add references as listed in the corresponding XML in the above link to see if it fixes your issue.

You're advised to backup your source before doing so, so if it doesn't work you can rollback.

• Edited by cheong00 Wednesday, December 09, 2015 1:23 AM
    Wednesday, December 09, 2015 1:18 AM
  • Thank you, but didn't work. When I try to add references to

- Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract

- Windows.Foundation.UniversalApiContract

- Windows.Networking.Connectivity.WwanContract

Visual studio throw error: "This component is already automatically referenced by the build system".

Any way, I had backup in VSO and when I rollbacked them it didn't help...

C'mon Microsoft!

Somewhere has to be configuration, newly created projects work fine, but old projects no, so I just need to find file with references to system components...

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 6:04 AM
  • Since .csproj files are text files, perheps you can compare your project file with the newly created project's project file and see what's the difference in DLLs be referenced.
    Wednesday, December 09, 2015 6:24 AM
  • HiSebastianBusek,

This forum is about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, as your issue is more related to the Visual Studio itself, we help you move it to the Visual Studio General Questions forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:49 AM