none
Windows Embedded Compact 2013 handling WM message (touch) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Windows Embedded Compact 2013 with Compact Framework. To deploy my application I'm using the CoreConn (client + accept) as ActiveSync seem no longer supported :(

Now I'm trying to get a context menu on a Listview while user hold his finger down on an item. I remember we had the same behavior on Files Explorer of Windows CE 6. So I set the property MenuContext of my ListView to a valid context menu. But when holding my finger on the item and see the spinner animation but the menu never appears.

Then, I notice that all MouseEvent of ListView seem not working while using touch screen (finger). It is normal ?

After that I try intercepting Windows Message using this https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229669(v=vs.90).aspx but every time I hook the WindProc like this :

public class ListViewEx : ListView
        {
            public ListViewEx()
            {
                WndProcHooker.HookWndProc(this, new WndProcHooker.WndProcCallback(this.WM_MouseUp_Handler), Win32.WM_LBUTTONUP);
            }
            private int WM_MouseUp_Handler(IntPtr hwnd, uint msg, uint wParam, int lParam, ref bool handled)
            {
            }
        }

of the ListView, the debugger crash and I got the following error :

The remote connection to the device has been lost.  Please verify the device connection and restart debugging.

Could it be related to some catalog missing item of my BSP ?

Is somebody can help me with that ? I'm a little bit disappointed and out of idea to get touch event works on the Listview control.

Best regards,

• Edited by Erakis Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:50 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:48 AM

All replies

• Grrr I just that : GetWindowLong/SetWindowLong on GWL_WNDPROC crashes in Compact 2013

It has been accepted by Microsoft as a bug. We hope to get it fixed. Otherwise you cannot hook on WndProc at all for ARMv7 on Compact 2013.

Windows Embedded Compact 2013 only disappointment over disappointment. I would have been better to stay with Linux. 

I need a file explorer, where the file explorer that we had in Windows CE 5 ?

• Edited by Erakis Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:44 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:44 AM