I would like to submit a boot load animation and animated 'busy' icon to Microsoft - Looking for opinions on my work!

General discussion

• I'm looking to submit a boot animation to Microsoft that they might possibly use for a future version of Windows. As an artist and computer nerd I created this just out of inspiration, and so I could use it myself. I realize hard disks are getting faster and faster, and in the future these loading animations may not even be able to get a frame or two off. So, I also plan to export the frames of the infinite loop with transparent backgrounds and create an animated cursor out of it for the 'Busy' windows mouse icon.

So, here are the 2 sequences for the boot loading animation. It doesn't have any graininess or lack of color gradation in the actual PNG format like these GIFs do. What do y'all think?:

part 1: Startup

part 2: last 3 seconds loops til' loaded

Oh, and I know this isn't the best forum to ask this on but I'm not so sure where else to post this. If anyone else can redirect me to a better outlet to reach Microsoft, that'd be great.
    • Edited by Overfocused Saturday, January 7, 2012 10:30 PM Rewording paragraph
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 10:24 PM

All replies

• Interesting. However, I would point out two things:

1. Just because you submitted these, Microsoft will not use them because they will not want to use someone else's design in this manner - simply copying these would be plagarism.

2. Your samples would be a lot better if they didn't have the word "SAMPLE" on them in big red letters.

Good idea, though.

Sunday, January 8, 2012 12:49 AM