none
Is it possible to back up the archived files in the "Storage Account"?

Question

• I would like to have a mapped network driver in Windows to store files using the "Storage Account". My question is, how can I back up the data stored in the "Storage Account"?
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:02 PM

All replies

• Although there is no official way to back up the Azure file share however you are free to choose any external backup solution provider to do the same. Also, you can automate the process of backup with the help of AzCopy and backup your file share content to blob storage or install back up agents like Cobian to set up your full and incremental back up procedures of file share mapped drive.

Bhushan |

Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:11 PM
  • Thank you!

I thought of the strategy of uploading a VM and installing the Windows Backup Agent and pointing it back in Azure. What do you think?

Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:48 PM
  • If I understand it correctly, you are going to provision a VM and mount Azure file share on it. Once that is done, you are planning to install Azure backup agent on it so that VM gets backed up along with the mounted drive? Not sure if that is going to work as a solution for backing up Azure file share.

Bhushan |

Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:30 PM
  • mmmm....

Thank you!

Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:17 PM