none
MultiMonitor setup, trying to change WorkingArea [System.Windows.Forms.Screen]::AllScreens

Question

• Hi,

I there a way to modify WorkingArea in a MultiMonitor setup, from powershell or any other way?

Friday, April 07, 2017 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter-DK,

What do you want to do? Can you provide more information about this? So that I can analyze this issue better.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 2:33 AM
  • One straight question. Why you need this change?

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:45 AM
  • One straight question. Why you need this change?

Rohit Arora

I need this becasue i have +300 users switching between multiple monitors setups, and ultramon does not work, so i want to make a simple app to help them.
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:48 AM
  • Hi Peter-DK,

What do you want to do? Can you provide more information about this? So that I can analyze this issue better.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Basically i want to be able to define where my screens are as shown below, from a script. The reason why i need this is becasue i need to make a simple app to create to pre-define layout for my users.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:53 AM
  • See if this helps out.

It uses the api 

Getting Work Area in C#

Rohit Arora

• Edited by RohitArora Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:14 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:12 AM
  • not sure if this will help me define where my screens are or i´m missing something?
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:59 AM
  • And if this help ?

Rohit Arora

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:02 AM
  • Basically i want to be able to define where my screens are as shown below, from a script. The reason why i need this is becasue i need to make a simple app to create to pre-define layout for my users.

It is not clear what you mean by "create to pre-define layout".  If you just need to know the positions of the screens to each other,  then look at the Screen.Bounds.  The X and Y location of the bounds will tell you if the screens are to the Right, Left, Top, or Bottom of the other screens.

Are you trying to set the Location of the screens,  Size of the screens,  and/or which screen is the Primary screen?

You can`t specifically change the WorkingArea of a screen but,  you can set the size of a screen which will change the WorkingArea accordingly.  You can also set the location too but,  we would need more details of what you need to do before we can give you any examples or pointers on doing it.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

• Edited by IronRazerz Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:05 PM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:03 PM