none
Validator errors with currency type since upgrade to 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Since we upgraded our application from .net 1.1 in VS2003 to .net 4.0 in VS2010 we are having issues with Validators of currency type when working with globalization set to en-ZA. These vary from the MaximumValue of a range validator erroring when trying to set it to "714.00" to the RequiredFieldValidator tripping when valid value, e.g. 85.00 is entered.

We've got around some issues by changing validator type to Double but require a long term solution really. Can you help?

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi tiger rick,

Thanks for your post.

Your issue is actually a app dev issue.

Please share your project type and programming language here so that I can redirect you to the right forum.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Hi Barry,

It's an ASP.net web application written in VB.net.

In 1.1 it used to allow values e.g. 123.00 to be validated.

In 4.0 it will only allow values in local currency, e.g. 123,00.

We don't know why this has changed?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:39 AM
  • Here is the ASP.NET VB forum. I suggest you try there:

http://forums.asp.net/36.aspx/1?Visual+Basic+NET

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:02 PM
  • I think we've sorted this. It's definitely a .net framework related issue. In 1.1, it picked up the currency settings from the culture in web.config. in 4.0, it appears to use the Region and Language options. This works well when debugging but not in published web applications. We had to change the registry to South Africa for all users to get it to work.
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Hi,

Although it is a .net related issue, this forum supports .net installation itself but not the dev problems.I would recommend you follow MVP's advice. Anyway, thanks for sharing your solution here.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:07 AM