Unable to change the certificate for MPNS RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to change the SSL certificate for MPNS. 

I am able to upload new certificate but while submitting app with new certificate, it is giving below error.

"There is a CN mismatch between the authenticated push notification certificate associated with your app and the one in this update.: Certificate for authenticated push notifications"

how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Chandra

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Chandra,

This is working as designed. The certificates cannot be updated at this time.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

• Marked as answer by pngsample Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:18 PM
    Friday, July 12, 2013 3:25 PM
  • This is insane. We are trying to replace a badly formed certificate and cannot.

We are getting the "mismatch"error and cannot remove the old one.

Honestly, there is a good reason to shy away from WP app development.

Your portal does not support teams and we are yet to get push notifications to actually work. It took us less than a day to set up the whole thing on Apple.

Not a happy camper ex-msft fan.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:24 PM
  • Hello UWAA,

Your feedback is appreciated and Microsoft is aware that multi-user access is a highly desired feature since many teams are developing apps.

I encourage you to add your feedback to the Dev Center Feedback site since the team that makes decisions about what changes to make to the Dev Center actively read the feedback received and many of the changes made to the Dev Center were based on the feedback received.

I found a suggestion already posted related to your request related to multi-user access so you may add your comments to it if you wish to do so.

I also found a post requesting the ability to delete certificates and encourage you to add your comments to it as well.

If you have any other questions please contact developer support.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:31 PM