none
Tag the text with exception string RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Here I am trying to tag the text in document using VBA, in the given text may contain some unwanted string, I want pass the text to tagging after removing that unwanted string and after tagging I want to place that removed string again in that same place, 

Eg: 

Given String: 

Jack SXX???XX, Sham D. “BooXX???XXk Title” 

After removing unwanted string: 

Jack S, Sham D, Johan F. “Book Title” 

After tagging: 

<aut-info><aug><name><snm>Jack</snm><inl>S</inl></name> <name><snm>Sham</snm><inl>D</inl></name></aug><title>Book Title</title></aut-info>

After completion tagging and inserting unwanted text: 

<aut-info><aug><name><snm>Jack</snm><inl>SXX???XX</inl></name> <name><snm>Sham</snm><inl>D</inl></name></aug><title>BooXX???XXk Title</title></aut-info>

so please give me any ideas how to do this.

Note: 

I am using “TaggAut” external function which present in one dll file.

Thanks & Regards 

Thirusanguraja Venkatesan

Friday, August 2, 2013 8:43 AM

Answers

• The TaggAut function is not part of Word. I have no idea what that is and chances are slim that anyone else who answers questions here regularly knows what it is. If the code you're looking for should work together with this DLL then I recommend you ask in a forum where the product to which TaggAut belongs is supported.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Friday, August 2, 2013 11:34 AM

All replies

• The TaggAut function is not part of Word. I have no idea what that is and chances are slim that anyone else who answers questions here regularly knows what it is. If the code you're looking for should work together with this DLL then I recommend you ask in a forum where the product to which TaggAut belongs is supported.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Friday, August 2, 2013 11:34 AM
  • Thank you Cindy,

Thanks & Regards

Thirusanguraja Venkatesan

Monday, August 5, 2013 5:25 AM