SQL Azure Performance Analysis RRS feed

• Question

• Hiall,

We are in process of analyzing the performance of SQL Azure. Please suggest if there is any kind of profiling possible in SQL Azure..We are usingthe EnzoSQL tool available in codeplex. But let us know anything more we can use.

Thanks,

Chandra

Thursday, July 8, 2010 7:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Chandra, Following DMVs will give you great information on query performance as well

· sys.dm_exec_connections – This view returns information about the connections established to your database.

· sys.dm_exec_requests – This view returns information about each request that executes within your database

· sys.dm_exec_sessions – This view shows information about all active user connections and internal tasks.

- sys.dm_exec_query_stats - shows the statistics on queries that executed in the engine

Thanks

-cihan

Friday, July 9, 2010 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Chandra, Following DMVs will give you great information on query performance as well

· sys.dm_exec_connections – This view returns information about the connections established to your database.

· sys.dm_exec_requests – This view returns information about each request that executes within your database

· sys.dm_exec_sessions – This view shows information about all active user connections and internal tasks.

- sys.dm_exec_query_stats - shows the statistics on queries that executed in the engine

Thanks

-cihan

Friday, July 9, 2010 12:19 AM
  • Hi Cihan,

Thanks for reply but could you give me some more input so that i can implement same.

As you have suggested that   "· sys.dm_exec_connections  " but i am not able to get completely.

If possible please send me some sample on same.

Thanks in advance..

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:29 AM