SQLExecutiveCmdExec Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Gurus'

In Active Directory there is a(n) account called "SQLExecutiveCmdExec" with description "SQL Executive CmdExec Task Account". I was in the Active Directory forums and they advised I ask the question here as they believe it was created for an older version of SQL. The Account is disabled but I want to know if I can delete it or not? Please Advise.

thank You,

~S

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:30 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

That account seems to be related to SQL Server 6.5. That version of SQL Server was released on 1996.

If you can confirm your company is not using SQL Server 6.5, I guess you can delete it. I very much doubt SQL Server 6.5 could installed on your company.

I think that account could be a remnant from previous Active Directory/domain migrations.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

• Marked as answer by Skelleyman Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:19 PM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:12 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

That account seems to be related to SQL Server 6.5. That version of SQL Server was released on 1996.

If you can confirm your company is not using SQL Server 6.5, I guess you can delete it. I very much doubt SQL Server 6.5 could installed on your company.

I think that account could be a remnant from previous Active Directory/domain migrations.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

• Marked as answer by Skelleyman Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:19 PM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:12 PM
  • Excellent. Thank You. That Makes sense. We used to years ago but naturally we're on SQL 2008 R2 at the present.

Thanks Again,

~S

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:19 PM
  •  

Hello,

Thank you for visiting MSDN forums!

Have a great day!

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:43 PM