none
Question about Kinect Motor RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I want to ask you some questions about Kinect sensor for using it in my graduation project:

When I made the Kinect sensor looks down, the motor can't left it up. So is there a solution?

Is there a documentation for Kinect sdk v1.0?

Can i access the IR for Kinect, Or increase its resolution?

regards.
    Friday, February 17, 2012 12:46 PM

Answers

• Camera.ElevationAngle property? or type in motor in help for kinect and a few help articles should popup.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

The Thinker is on the right track. Unlike in beta1 where you could only set the elevation +-27 you now have to get the elevation and set it accordingly. The Kinect still has a range of only +-27 degrees so if you have it at 180 you cannot achieve 90. 
    Monday, February 27, 2012 6:53 AM

All replies

• on the motor you should just set the ElevationAngle to a positive number below 27. 

Dunno about the IR.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:32 PM
  • I meant, when I make like this picture

then set the angel to zero or any integer, the motor doesn't move

Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:25 PM
  • Ahh I see. 

So the accelerometer is blocking you. I'll look into doing that tonight. 

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:25 AM
  • In the beta you were not allowed to move the xbox kinect too much or it would damage the motor and then you would have a kinect that wouldnt move.  So remember to read documentation on motor before you do a lot of motor moving. If you have the kinect still on a flat surface or mounted on ceiling then it would be a lot easier to configure your kinect.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Monday, February 20, 2012 2:17 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 2:15 PM
  • In the beta you were not allowed to move the xbox kinect too much or it would damage the motor and then you would have a kinect that wouldnt move.  So remember to read documentation on motor before you do a lot of motor moving. If you have the kinect still on a flat surface or mounted on ceiling then it would be a lot easier to configure your kinect.

I am using Kinect SDK v1.0 (the new edition) but still has the problem.

and where I can find the documentation on motor ?

thnx

Monday, February 20, 2012 5:51 PM
  • Camera.ElevationAngle property? or type in motor in help for kinect and a few help articles should popup.

Monday, February 20, 2012 7:08 PM

The Thinker is on the right track. Unlike in beta1 where you could only set the elevation +-27 you now have to get the elevation and set it accordingly. The Kinect still has a range of only +-27 degrees so if you have it at 180 you cannot achieve 90. 
    Monday, February 27, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Note that the elevation is not known through the motor angle, but through the accelerometer. You can see this by holding the Kinect in your hand, changing the angle, then moving it around in your hand while it moves. I don't think there's any good way of changing the angle when the Kinect is at 90 degrees off of horizontal, though you can try setting angles -90 or +90 and see what happens.
    Monday, February 27, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Motor controls the angle right though the camera is looking in? Because the accelerometer just helps determine what the angle is with more precise measures but the actual call would probably be to the motor to move it not the accelerometer. I do agree tcqwerty with your statement about  setting the angle at -90 or +90 that might be helpful. You can assign values directly to motor though bypassing the accelerometer for advanced kinect  programming is a possibility im suggesting.

• Edited by The Thinker Monday, February 27, 2012 11:27 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 11:23 PM