Error when importing a query into ssas (only shows 1000 rows) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting this error when I try to load my query into ssas. When getting the query into the editor it seems to load fine, but when trying to "load more" within a column I get this error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error occurred while processing this request.)

If I import the query it just brings in the first 1000 rows, but nothing else. Any idea why this would be happening? Looking at the query structure it seems to be normal and I've never had a similar issue with any other queries that I've loaded into ssas.

Monday, July 16, 2018 8:27 PM

All replies

• Could be because of multiple possible reasons (server or client side):
    1) check if appropriate connectivity driver is used
    2) validate connection string settings
    3) test your network
    4) try to do the same from another machine and/or under different credentials
    5) deploy SSAS database on a different server and get data from there
    6) check server settings
    7) reprocess database
    8) make sure latest tested patch/update applied to SSAS instance.

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:21 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2018 8:48 PM
  • Hi jshinnenkamp,

Thanks for posting here.

>>>[DataSource.Error] OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error occurred while processing this request.
    According to above error message, you are using OData feeds, right?  in this scenario, you might need to take care of the Calculated Fields in the underlying data source. Please refer to below similar thread:
    The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. An error occurred while processing this request

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:21 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:16 AM