none
VBA macro errors RRS feed

• Question

• One computer all the sudden won't run Excel vba macros and give all kinds meaningless error messages. Tried uninstalling Office and reinstalling, tried using Easy Fix Tool to uninstall, then reinstall. Still same errors and won't run any macros. Same errors in Excel macros using different profile. Does anyone know how to remove the vba from the computer and then reinstall vba for Office.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hello OkieTech101,

Could you share parts of the meaningless error messages? Have you checked your macro setting? Would all macros are disabled?

Besides, could you reproduce the issue on other Office application? For instance, could you run macro in word application?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:26 AM
  • I'm not sure about running macro's in Word. I'll have to try when I get a chance. In Excel the error message is (VBA-system error &H80010108(-2147417848). The object invoked has disconnected from its client.). Also have tried just recording a simple macro and running and this also results with error message. Excel vba is simply corrupted I think and I can't find a way to reinstall vba for office 2016 with Windows 10 OS. 

Thursday, July 26, 2018 5:12 PM
  • Hello OkieTech101,

As far as I know, Office does not support reinstall vba alone and based on the error message, I think the issue maybe more related to the macro code.

What's the related code? If you try below simple code, will you get any error? If it does, what's the error message?

Sub TestMacro()
    MsgBox "If the message could show, VBA is not corrupt."
    End Sub

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 27, 2018 6:10 AM