none
could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on the 'Update button on the GridView control, I get the following message:

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource2' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters:

I tried all kind of changes on the grid/datasource. But no luck.

Any idea why this occurs please?

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:55 PM

Answers

• Assuming this got answered since we never tog more details on the error.  Please creat a new post with more details as per above if you are still encountering the problem.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:03 PM

All replies

• Can you give a little more background as to how you've bound the GridView when you get this error?  Can you show the code that binds the GridView to the DataSource?

Thanks,

-Mike

Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:20 AM
  • Assuming this got answered since we never tog more details on the error.  Please creat a new post with more details as per above if you are still encountering the problem.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:03 PM
  • test
    Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:33 AM
  • Hi Everybody I have the same error (ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'UpdatePre' that has parameters: Comp, Job_Number, Request_Date, Customer, Contact_Name, Tel, Email, Media, Job_Size, Colors, Number_of_Lots, Proof, Job_Detail, PrepressID) when I tried to update the values in my dataset. (before I had the problem to Insert and Delete and I changed OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" to OldValuesParameterFormatString="{0}" and it worked fine for Insert and Delete but I am still getting this error when I try to update values in my dataset with a Gridview). I use a dataset (TableAdapter Prepress_Request_Form) connected to a MSDE Server and with a SQLOLEDB connection. The PrimaryKey is PrepressID and my Methods of my dataset are the followings: 1)GetPre() SELECT Prepress_Request_Form.* FROM Prepress_Request_Form 2)DeletePre() DELETE FROM [Prepress_Request_Form] WHERE (([PrepressID] = ?)) 3) InsertPre() INSERT INTO [Prepress_Request_Form] ([Comp], [Job_Number], [Request_Date], [Customer], [Contact_Name], [Tel], , [Media], [Job_Size], [Colors], [Number_of_Lots], [Proof], [Job_Detail]) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) 4)UpdatePre() UPDATE [Prepress_Request_Form] SET [Comp] = ?, [Job_Number] = ?, [Request_Date] = ?, [Customer] = ?, [Contact_Name] = ?, [Tel] = ?, = ?, [Media] = ?, [Job_Size] = ?, [Colors] = ?, [Number_of_Lots] = ?, [Proof] = ?, [Job_Detail] = ? WHERE (([PrepressID] = ?)) Here is my code:
    Any Idea please will be very appreciated. Thank you very much!!
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:08 PM