sketchflow template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any way I can do this?

I want every new page I create in a sketchflow project to be a particular size and have some controls (e.g. menu/ nav buttons) positioned in the same place on the screen.

pc :-)

Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:41 AM

Answers

• The size part is easy, create a screen of the size you want, right click its screen in the SketchFlow Map, pick "Set As Default XXXXX Screen Size", or use the tools -> options menu to set it.

The other question, there is no built in supported way to do so. The following is completely unsupported, use at your own risk, subject to change at any time without notice, etc...

The templates used to generate new items are stored in your Blend installation directory. Before you attempt any of this, please back these files up, or you may have to reinstall to get them back.

On my system, they are at the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Expression\Blend 4\Templates\en

They are separated by language, and type of screen (Nav vs Composition, as well as WPF vs SL).

If you edit the template files, every new screen you create in SketchFlow should be created from these files. I've not tried this myself, but it should work.

• Proposed as answer by Chuck HaysModerator Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by __pc__ Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:41 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:00 PM

All replies

• The size part is easy, create a screen of the size you want, right click its screen in the SketchFlow Map, pick "Set As Default XXXXX Screen Size", or use the tools -> options menu to set it.

The other question, there is no built in supported way to do so. The following is completely unsupported, use at your own risk, subject to change at any time without notice, etc...

The templates used to generate new items are stored in your Blend installation directory. Before you attempt any of this, please back these files up, or you may have to reinstall to get them back.

On my system, they are at the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Expression\Blend 4\Templates\en

They are separated by language, and type of screen (Nav vs Composition, as well as WPF vs SL).

If you edit the template files, every new screen you create in SketchFlow should be created from these files. I've not tried this myself, but it should work.

• Proposed as answer by Chuck HaysModerator Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by __pc__ Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:41 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:00 PM
  • When you say template do you some contrls menu's and buttons... are you referring to using "Make Into component screen" for an object?  This way that component can be used to over and  over for lets say, a banner... buttons, menu's... chrome, design, etc...

Is this what you mean?

check out these videos...

http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/t/75058.aspx especially part-2

• Proposed as answer by Xtianus Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:46 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:45 PM
  • Becuase I am not gutsy enough to try Chuck's idea I will go with Chuck for the screen size and Xtianus for the menus

It would have been nice to be able to have built in functionality to include standard screen elements becuase then you don't need to muck around making sure they are in the right place etc.

:-)

Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:41 PM