Need help installing device drivers.

Question

• So I have a Acer Icona Tab W500, and I have installed Windows 8 Developer preview (64-bit), everything is working ok its just that I have 3 devices that are not being reconized properly.

1. Lightweight Sensors Root Enumerator (I fell like it is a light sensor, to adjust the brightness of my display)

The reason that I say that is randomly my screen will get brighter and dimmer, its weird.  Really that is the only thing that I notice funky with the PC.

2. Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator (dont have a clue what this is)

To my understanding, this has something to do with detecting Plug and Play devices, but I dont know that.

3. Bosch Sensortec BMA150 Device (this is the G-Sensor)

I have the driver installed but it says "The software for this device has ben blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows.  Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver." 

I may possibly have a 32-bit driver installed, reason I say is in the driver folder nothing specifyed 64 or 32.

Any help would be appriciated, if anyone wants screen shots just give me a hollar and I will upload.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hello JefferyD90,

When I go into Device Manager, I see the Lightweight Sensors Root Enumerator listed as well as Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator on a tablet and VM. I don't have it listed on desktop computers, I only see the Microsoft Device Assoication Root Enumerator.

Under Driver Details, it shows a dialog box that states, "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device."
    I have a blue question mark showing they are not being recognized. They may not be working in the Windows Developer Preview.

I have checked this on 4 systems and none of them are recognizing these devices.
    I am assuming that it is not functioning in the Windows Developer Preview and wait until Beta to see if it is a problem.

It doesn't seem to be causing an issue with the functionality of the operating system.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:04 PM

All replies

• JefferyD90,

Have you tried installing the problematic drivers in compatibly mode?

You can do this by following the below instructions:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Please post back with your results.

Thanks,

Chris
    Monday, November 21, 2011 12:35 PM
  • I have installed all drivers correctly, with no error messages, besides the Wireless adapter (It still says that it is not supported on this operating system).  But Im not having any problems with my WiFi or anything so I dont feel it is that.

Acer does not have any driver that I have not ran and installed on the tablet.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:56 AM
  • Hello JefferyD90,

When I go into Device Manager, I see the Lightweight Sensors Root Enumerator listed as well as Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator on a tablet and VM. I don't have it listed on desktop computers, I only see the Microsoft Device Assoication Root Enumerator.

Under Driver Details, it shows a dialog box that states, "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device."
    I have a blue question mark showing they are not being recognized. They may not be working in the Windows Developer Preview.

I have checked this on 4 systems and none of them are recognizing these devices.
    I am assuming that it is not functioning in the Windows Developer Preview and wait until Beta to see if it is a problem.

It doesn't seem to be causing an issue with the functionality of the operating system.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:04 PM
  • AHHH HAAA

If it is not right it at least sounds good.  Thanks for the response.

I feel that your dead on.  I don't notice anything MAJOR wrong with the PC like I said the only thing I notice wrong at all is the screen dims and brightens randomly (I just turned the feature off as it get VERY annoying).  So it is probably drivers that don't have much to do with anything.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:57 AM