Disable lazy loading? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I use CTP to create a Browse screen, and it seems to load only
    however many items can be shown in one screenful.  When the screen is
    scrolled, there is a delay while the next screenful is fetched (i.e. lazy
    loading - items are fetched as late as possible before showing).  Can I
    disable this so there is no delay when scrolling?

Thanks,
    David

Efficiently read and post to forums with newsreaders: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:06 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

We tried to optimize the lazy loading so that it actually starts loading the next set of data before you reach the end of the list in order to avoid those lags. I am interested in your screen configuration / browser / network in order to see whether we can make some more optimizations here.

Apart from that you can disable lazy loading by selecting the query in the screen designer and unchecking the "Support paging" option in the properties view.

Heinrich

• Marked as answer by David Ching Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:51 PM
  • The "supports paging" property is for the screen data member (the things you see on the left hand side in the screen designer), not for the query itself.

Best regards,
    Johan Stenberg

Development Lead, Visual Studio LightSwitch

• Marked as answer by David Ching Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:36 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

We tried to optimize the lazy loading so that it actually starts loading the next set of data before you reach the end of the list in order to avoid those lags. I am interested in your screen configuration / browser / network in order to see whether we can make some more optimizations here.

Apart from that you can disable lazy loading by selecting the query in the screen designer and unchecking the "Support paging" option in the properties view.

Heinrich

• Marked as answer by David Ching Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:51 PM
  • Hi Henrich,

I anticipate my HTML app to be used primarily on the desktop.  I use the mouse wheel to rapidly scroll to the end of the web page.  That's why the delay is particularly noticeable.  I do notice the items update a half page at a time, but it still takes awhile to get to the bottom of the data this way.  On a tablet, I would anticipate that rapidly flicking the web page to scroll it would also result in the same perception of unwanted delay.

I don't see any "Support paging option"?

Thanks,
    David

Efficiently read and post to forums with newsreaders: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:09 PM
  • The "supports paging" property is for the screen data member (the things you see on the left hand side in the screen designer), not for the query itself.

Best regards,
    Johan Stenberg

Development Lead, Visual Studio LightSwitch

• Marked as answer by David Ching Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:36 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:31 PM