Silverlight 3 runtime, Windows vs. OSX RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an application in Silverlight and am trying to carefully track behavior on OSX and Windows. I am mystified as to why a Safari 4.0.4 browser on OSX cannot see the same thing as a Safari 4.0.4 browser on Windows 2K8 server.

I've tried to find discussions on this topic but cannot find them except for those that talk about percentages for windows sizes, etc., which seem to be irrelevant UNLESS the problem is not the browser, but is the runtime. NOTE: I see the same behavior in Firefox (latest versions).

Can anyone point me to some discussions on the differences between runtime implementations and known differences/problems? Just FYI ... the user controls I am not seeing on the OSX side have to do with templates, TreeView, and custom TreeViewItem classes.

Thank you,
    Tom

Tom Winans
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:19 AM

All replies

• This problem seems to somehow relate to the HierarchicalDataTemplate ... not using this, which, in my case, is simply a wrapper for a StackPanel, enables successful viewing on OSX and Windows platforms. I am uncertain as to why this is, but I have noticed, while evaluating whether or not I should just go to rich clients for all the operating system versions of my work I'd like to release, that WPF's HierarchicalDataTemplate is somewhat different from the Silverlight one ...
    Tom Winans
    Friday, December 18, 2009 3:13 AM