How to use backslash in Azure Data Factory? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I have an 'Execute SSIS Package' activity in my ADF, that requires from me passing the parameter for Environment. In my case the paramater value is ".\Dev". Unfortunately, the dot - backslash sentence is required by SSIS.

I am trying to provide the parameter dynamically, but every time my value ".\Dev" is being changed to ".\\Dev" (Each backslash is doubled inside Azure Data Factory). I have tried different solutions like looking up the parameter in the database or setting a variable and even replacing double backslash with single one, but it didn't work - every time I should get ".\Dev" i was getting ".\\Dev". It also looks like this double backslash is treated as one character by ADF (in case of replace or substring functions).

Can anyone help with that?

Thanks,

Ignacy

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hello Ignacy and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

"\\" is escaping for the "\" character, much like "\n" is newline, "\t" is tab

Can you confirm (by having your SSIS print to screen) the value it receives, not just what is seen in the Data Factory UI?

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Is this issue resolved? I am also trying to pass a parameter 'domain\UserName' in to a sql stored procedure in ADF v2 but ADF is replacing single \ to double slash \\ eg: 'domain\\UserName'  which is not the expected output.

Please let me know the workaround. 

Thanks.

Friday, August 16, 2019 10:20 PM
  • Thank you for the input @MounikaPisati.  I will escalate this issue internally.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 8:42 PM
  • Hi

Is there any resolution for this issue?

Monday, February 3, 2020 2:21 PM