Templates do not Auto Complete Box for OData entities RRS feed

• Question

• When I import some tables from OData, the default templates for detail and create screen do not contain auto complete boxes for references. Whereas if I import the same tables from an SQL database, the auto complete boxes are created. Is this a bug or am I missing something ? The relation look exactly the same in LightSwitch in both cases.
    Friday, February 8, 2013 10:15 AM

Answers

• It's not a bug, I think that's because LS team haven't implement this feature.

You can send them a feature request on user voice

Visual Studio UserVoice

• Edited by Yann DuranModerator Monday, February 11, 2013 9:06 AM Fixed link text, & also actual link, which didn't work
    • Marked as answer by Dino HeModerator Monday, February 18, 2013 7:15 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 2:51 AM

All replies

• It's not a bug, I think that's because LS team haven't implement this feature.

You can send them a feature request on user voice

Visual Studio UserVoice

• Edited by Yann DuranModerator Monday, February 11, 2013 9:06 AM Fixed link text, & also actual link, which didn't work
    • Marked as answer by Dino HeModerator Monday, February 18, 2013 7:15 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 2:51 AM
  • Well, I call unimplemented required features bugs ;-)

If you a non-nullable reference in an entity, the default generated interface does not allow you to add new instances, because it fails to inserts NULL data into the NOT NULL column in the DB.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:54 PM
  • I also agree that it's not a "bug". An unimplemented feature is just that, a feature that has yet to be implemented. A "bug" is something that doesn't look, or work, as expected. Calling unimplemented features "bugs" would mean that every single thing that someone can think of that's not in the current product is a "bug". Doesn't sound reasonable, or workable, to me.

And besides, if you submit a feature request as a "bug", it's likely to get rejected as a "bug" & consequently then just gets "lost".

Submit feature requests to UserVoice, & actual "bugs" to Connect.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Hi Laurent,

this is an important question. I just tried it with an OData service I created as separate Lightswitch Service-only project; here, autocomplete boxes for references / lookups are created as usual in LS; regardless of ListDetail / CreateNew screen or default edit dialogs. For me it's interesting which kind of OData source you're using; if you open the entities in the designer in the client project, do you see here the relations correctly as in the database schema?

Best regards,
    Robert

Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:28 PM