none
Failed to validate BAM Portal Web Site

Question

1. This is a Developer Version of BizTalk Installed locally on my laptop

2. I’m re-installing BizTalk because there were problems with the previous installation

3. BAM Tools are installed successfully

1. BAM Portal Web Site Gives me a red buttin and

1. I’m also not getting any websites on the drop-down list, just like if the configuration was not able to read from the IIS list of websites.

1. IIS Had a Default Web Site - I renamed it, thinking that this may help the configuration to create a new version of it. Unfortunately the situation did not improve

1. I just type BAM in the dropdown hoping that this will create a new website

1. I hit the Apply COnfiguration button

2. And this is what i get:

Why would the Configuration manager Failed to validate BAM Portal Web Site

Friday, February 24, 2017 10:17 AM

Answers

All replies

1. The usual culprit for this error is the “IIS 6 Management Compatibility” windows feature missing

1. It is NOT installed so let’s try installing it

2. Suddenly the problem is no longer there

The above was successfull

1. There was another error

1. When clicked on the Logfile ans searched for Error discovered the following:

[2017-02-24 11:10:44:0589  Error ConfigHelper] d:\bt\127854\private\source\common\configwizard\confighelper\service.cpp(729): FAILED hr = 80070421

[2017-02-24 11:10:44:0589  Warning ConfigHelper] The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

[2017-02-24 11:10:44:0589  Warning ConfigHelper] Failed to validate service credentials for account: %1

1. This promptet me to change / update the password for LocalBizTalk Admin - the config was still failing

2. And for ssoLocalAdmin - the config was still failing

3. I made sure that the BizTalk configuration is started as Administrator - no change

4. Eventually I decided to check if the Enterprise Single Sing-On was running and it wasn’t

1. Starting it revealed a problem

1. Updated the password for the service

1. The service started as expected

1. The BAM is still failing

Friday, February 24, 2017 11:53 AM
  • [2017-02-24 11:10:44:0589  Error ConfigHelper] d:\bt\127854\private\source\common\configwizard\confighelper\service.cpp(729): FAILED hr = 80070421

[2017-02-24 11:10:44:0589  Warning ConfigHelper] The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

[2017-02-24 11:10:44:0589  Warning ConfigHelper] Failed to validate service credentials for account: %1

Which account do you think ti's about ? I've made sure that the password for all the accounts listed below is Password123.

and that the ENTSSO service is up and running.

Still, the BAM configuration fails with the above error in the log file.

Friday, February 24, 2017 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

Look at the configuration log files for the exact exception when you are trying to configure your BAM portal . This will give you additional information for the exception .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Friday, February 24, 2017 3:32 PM
  • Hello,

Please check if your user is in "BAM Portal Users".

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:17 PM
  • Looks like the config wizard is not liking the password for localbiztalkadmin account. Close the wizard and first make sure that you can login to the machine with the localbiztalkadmin account.

If that works, login back with the account with which you are configuring and try to configure the BAM Portal part again.

Thanks Arindam

Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:49 AM
  • There is no group named BAM Portal Users on my system. 

Why would that be please ?

Friday, March 10, 2017 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

Kindly check below article and let us know if having the same issue.

http://biztalktechie.blogspot.in/2015/08/the-bam-portal-website-default-web-site.html

Thanks,

Kamlesh Kumar

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:47 PM