Binding base class object to Gridview itemSource in windows store app( metro app) c++ not working

Question

• In my windows store app i implement the property change event in a base class named "BaseClass" and write the properties which i want to bind to my gridview item and i inherit the this base class "BaseClass" in Derived class "DerivedClass". 

[Windows::UI::Xaml::Data::Bindable]
        ref class BaseClass: Windows::UI::Xaml::DependencyObject, Windows::UI::Xaml::Data::INotifyPropertyChanged
        {
    	public:
    		property Platform::String^ NickName
    		{
    			Platform::String^ get()
    			{
    				return m_strBuddyNickName;
    			}
    			void set(Platform::String^ value)
    			{
    				m_strBuddyNickName = value;
    				OnPropertyChanged("NickName");
    			}
    		}
        }

ref class DerivedClass: public BaseClass
        {
        }

then i created a Windows::UI::Xaml::Interop::IBindableObservableVector^ vector and append base class object from derived class object using safe_cast. But its not binding the base class data to grid view but when i create an object of base class its can bind the data to gridview.  

DerivedClass^ derivedClass = ref new DerivedClass();
        BaseClass^ baseClass = safe_cast<BaseClass^>(derivedClass);

Windows::UI::Xaml::Interop::IBindableObservableVector^ m_Vector = ref new Platform::Collections::Vector<BaseClass^>();
        m_Vector->Append(baseClass);

gridview->ItemsSource = m_Vector; // Not binding data to gridview.

but

BaseClass^ baseClass2 = ref new BaseClass();
        Windows::UI::Xaml::Interop::IBindableObservableVector^ m_Vector = ref new Platform::Collections::Vector<BaseClass^>();
        m_Vector->Append(baseClass2);

gridview->ItemsSource = m_Vector; // its Binding data to gridview.

Friday, April 25, 2014 4:23 AM

All replies

• Ensure that you have native debugging enabled, then set the WPF Trace Settings/Data Binding to All.  Run the app and see if you have any binding errors.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:37 PM
  • You can see same post in stack overflow i made i gave the implemented code in comment.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23261300/binding-base-class-object-to-gridview-itemsource-in-windows-store-app-metro-app

Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:33 AM