what Microsoft SQL server version requires for PowerPivot excel 2013? RRS feed

• Question

•  I have an issue with powerpivot server that pass test connection but can not be refreshed. I wonder if it relates to SQL server version. Thanks 
    • Moved by Sofiya Li Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:46 AM the right forum
    Monday, June 30, 2014 12:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Share the message you are getting.

Regards,
    Rohit Garg
    (My Blog)
    This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Please remember to click Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 30, 2014 12:55 PM
  • This is wrong forum you have posted in, please post in Power Pivot forum

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

My TechNet Wiki Articles

Monday, June 30, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Hello,

PowerPivot for Excel is an Excel addin and does not depend of SQL Server.

If you are using PowerPivot for SharePoint (required for sharing PowerPivot workbooks in SharePoint) then it requires SQL Server Enterprise and Business Intelligence editions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Monday, June 30, 2014 1:46 PM
  • Hi ,

Since the issue regards SQL Server Power Pivot, I will help you move the post to the related forum at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

In addition, Microsoft PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2013, you’d better have Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1, the SQL Server 2012 release of PowerPivot for Excel includes the new features,  I recommend you can take a look at What's new in PowerPivot in Excel 2013, please see:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/whats-new-in-powerpivot-in-excel-2013-HA102893837.aspx

Regards,
    Sofiya Li

Sofiya Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:36 AM