Kernel-Power Error Message RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a Atheros5007EG Wi-Fi card in my laptop (dell latitude D820) And the first I Booted It installed the driver on its own and many clients appeared  after I connected probably 5 min's after I got a Blue Screen that said memory something. I rebooted and device manager showed the adapter with the yellow Exclamation,I read it and it said (This device is not wor king properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)) so i loaded the driver manually and it happened again, so I was wondering if you might be able to help,this wifi card i swapped with the one out of my acer asipire 4720z the intel 3945ABG works fine in the acer.
    - < Event xmlns =" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event " >
    - < System >
      < Provider Name =" Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power " Guid =" {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} " />
      < EventID > 41 </ EventID >
      < Version > 2 </ Version >
      < Level > 1 </ Level >
      < Task > 63 </ Task >
      < Opcode > 0 </ Opcode >
      < Keywords > 0x8000000000000002 </ Keywords >
      < TimeCreated SystemTime =" 2008-06-04T08:21:16.945625300Z " />
      < EventRecordID > 3009 </ EventRecordID >
      < Correlation />
      < Execution ProcessID =" 4 " ThreadID =" 8 " />
      < Channel > System </ Channel >
      < Computer > dell-PC </ Computer >
      < Security UserID =" S-1-5-18 " />
      </ System >
    - < EventData >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckCode " > 0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckParameter1 " > 0x0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckParameter2 " > 0x0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckParameter3 " > 0x0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckParameter4 " > 0x0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" SleepInProgress " > false </ Data >
      < Data Name =" PowerButtonTimestamp " > 0 </ Data >
      </ EventData >
      </ Event
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 4:38 AM

Answers

• Hi nv8rs78,

That sounds to me like more of a reliability issue than a performance issue.  As Michael has previously indicated, "please note that this is a forum dedicated to Windows performance analysis, not reliability issues".

Sounds like it may be a driver problem, or a hardware problem.  Ensure you're running the latest drivers; if that is the case, perhaps try reverting to a previous version of the driver, or to the version of the driver that you were using on the Acer.  For additional assistance, you may wish to contact the manufacturer of the wireless device.
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 7:09 PM