none
Problem with BizTalk and DynamicsAX adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Dear collegs ,

I have one question and hope that you maybe can help me.

Namely, I have installed Axapta and BizTalk at the same thest machine and everything worked good some time, than I need to reinstall my BizTalk and than my problems started.

After that installation I always get this error message (in Event Viewer) :

Source : BizTalk Server 2006

Category : BizTalk Server 2006

Event ID :  5740

Description :

The adapter "Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009" raised an error message. Details "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Can somebody help me to find solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:03 AM

Answers

• It sounds like maybe you needed to change a logon account and then one of the BizTalk services or adapter depenencies cannot logon anymore. If you change the password from Active Directory or a local account, the Windows services will not auto refresh (unless you have password sync enabled via SSO). So you need to specify the service logon credentials (logon and password) again in the Service Control Manager.

This error message could also occur if you reimported bindings into a BizTalk application. The binding files do not typically have password information so you would need to specify this information again in your port properties. 

Thanks, 
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:48 PM

All replies

• It sounds like maybe you needed to change a logon account and then one of the BizTalk services or adapter depenencies cannot logon anymore. If you change the password from Active Directory or a local account, the Windows services will not auto refresh (unless you have password sync enabled via SSO). So you need to specify the service logon credentials (logon and password) again in the Service Control Manager.

This error message could also occur if you reimported bindings into a BizTalk application. The binding files do not typically have password information so you would need to specify this information again in your port properties. 

Thanks, 
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:48 PM
  • Thanks Ben,

This is answer, I did what you told me and everything now works fine.

Regards,
    Marko
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:31 AM
  • Great! Glad it is working again.

Thanks,
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:07 PM