none
RDLC Won't Render in Internet Explorer, But Does in Other Browsers RRS feed

• Question

• Developing in VS2008, with .Net 3.5, C#, WebApplicationProject.

To Reproduce:

1. When calling a RDLC using Internet Explorer 8 (either in or out of compatibility mode), the report shell is present, but there is no data visible within the frame. Also, there are no page numbers that would imply that data is being received by the report.

2. When calling the same RDLC using Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. I get the proper data.

3. When in IE, if I select to export (either to Excel or to PDF), I get the proper data.

Steps:

I've tried to eliminate any kind of CSS problem by putting the control on a completely blank page.
    All required dll's are present on the server in question.

Update: This seems to be related to a security problem. Outside of the local domain, the RDLC renders properly. This is a very old app that we are modifying that is using forms authentication. Don't know how to solve the problem yet, but I know where to start looking.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:13 PM

All replies

• hello, The kevDog.

I hav one problem in rdlc report. i read ur question so i comes to know u able to export rdlc report in IE browser right?
    Now my problem is  i developed my rdlc report it local works perfect in IE,mozila,crome but Online it works in only mozila and crome not in IE it gives following error ...

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

<!-- [HttpException]: Path '/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd' was not found. at System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --><!-- This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->

So.. can u give me solution.. i already add required all Three DLL and also setup at my server.
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:02 AM
  • Hi All,

I came across the issue 'Unable to download' 'Unable to open this internet site...' when I was trying to EXPORT the RDLC report data (on report viewer) to PDF.

If any one has the solution, please post it.

Thanks in advance.

Uday

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:52 AM
  • It looks like this may be an issue with you web.config; however it does not explain why it works in one browser and not the others. Can you post the web.config, also the applicaiton pool for you site is it running in Integrated or Classic mode? Last did you deploy the ReportViewer control redist to your server or did you copy/GAC the dlls manually?

Matt M.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:38 PM