none
Could not find the CSF-Administration-OU Organizational Unit in Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install CSF 3.0 on a machine joined to my domain. I choose Complete install, and leave the Optional Top Level OU box unchecked. I've also tried manually creating the CSF-Administration-OU in AD, but I get the same error.

Am I supposed to have SSL Certs pre-installed before running CSF install?

This is from the MSI log:

Property(C): SetCertificateList = SESSIONWEBSITECERTIFICATE,IDMWEBSITECERTIFICATE,PMWEBSITECERTIFICATE,PIWEBSITECERTIFICATE,SCWEBSITECERTIFICATE,NPWEBSITECERTIFICATE
    Property(C): DEBUG3a34 = 34
    Property(C): DEBUG1a34 = 34
    Property(C): SetSqlComboBoxSet = 1
    Property(C): ORGDESC = CSFHOSTINGORGANIZATIONDESC
    Property(C): ERROR = No SSL Certificates in Certificate Store!
    Property(C): ERRORTRACE =    at Microsoft.ConnectedServices.Installer.Util.IIS.GetIISCerts(Store CertStore)
       at ManagedCustomActions.SetCertificateWebSites(Session session)
    Property(C): SetCertificateWebSitesSet = 1
    Property(C): SelectedSetupType = Custom
    Property(C): PASSWORD2 = **********
    Property(C): ADMIN = CSFHOSTINGORGANIZATIONSUPERUSER
    Property(C): PASSWORD = **********
    Property(C): HSTORG = CSFHOSTINGORGANIZATIONID
    Property(C): OU = CSFHOSTINGORGANIZATIONPARENTID
    === Logging stopped: 11/7/2006  10:31:26 ===
    MSI (c) (0C:70) [10:31:26:688]: Product: Microsoft Connected Services Framework 3.0 Developer Edition -- Installation operation failed.

Thanks,

Mark

Monday, November 6, 2006 8:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

Could you try doing a custom install, deselect all options except the first two which are related to AD OU creation. Once this is done, re-run the installer to install CSF. If you are planning to use SSL you need to have the certificate installed prior running the CSF installer. You can use message level security option and bypass certificate requirement.

Installer will fail if AD functional level is 2000 or 2003.

Thanks,
    Satish

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 4:34 AM

All replies