none
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - 3.0 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings.
    I have an error while installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0. This is the Error log:

[06/09/09,23:01:12] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. MSI returned error code 1603
    [06/10/09,15:38:49] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. MSI returned error code 1603
    [06/10/09,15:44:57] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. MSI returned error code 1603
    [06/10/09,15:38:49] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. MSI returned error code 1603
    [06/10/09,15:44:57] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. MSI returned error code 1603
    [06/10/09,15:45:18] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed.
    [06/10/09,15:45:18] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 was not attempted to be installed.
    [06/10/09,15:53:19] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. MSI returned error code 1603
    [06/10/09,15:53:40] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed.
    [06/10/09,15:53:40] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 was not attempted to be installed.
    [06/10/09,16:07:25] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. MSI returned error code 1603

Yeah.. The Error log doesn't say anything.

How can i Fix the installation??

Here is more information (I don't know is that important, but anyway):
    • I have uninstalled my Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 irregulary.
    • I still have C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework with other folders (v1.0.3705, v2.0.50215, v2.0.50727 and v3.0) and files in it.
    • When I try to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 I get an error. It say's: "Error 1321.The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file" and then it shows file's directory.

If you really know how to install Microsoft .NET Framework, then please give me a helping hand!
    If you have time then contact me on skype or e-mail.
    E-mail: ppunkzor@gmail.com

P.S. sorry for my gramma mistakes. I'm only 14 years old and I'm from Lithuania.

EDIT:

When I try to install 2.0 version, I get this error:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8335/errorrrr.png

• Edited by Punkzor Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:30 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Punkzor,

More clarification with you. What's your OS?

From the error message, it seems that you don't have sufficient permission to modify the file. Could you please check whether you installed .NET Framework on Local Administrator User Account? If not, please elevate the privileges to get the full permission.

For Vista:
    .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 are included as OS components in Vista. So you don't need to install them separately.

For XP:
    If the problem still exists, could you please try using collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    (You also can try installing .NET Framework 3.5 full package instead of .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 since it includes .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0)

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 or 3.5
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Punkzor Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:06 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:25 AM
  • Hi Punkzor,

What is your Operation System? XP, Vista or others?

"%temp%" folder means the temporary folder on your machine. Please go to Start Menu >> Click Run... >> Type "%temp%" >> Click "OK".

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Punkzor Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:07 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 2:58 AM
  • Hi Punkzor,

Thank you for your vslog file.

I've searched the log files and noticed the same error message as you mentioned above:

[06/12/09,20:25:02] Error 1321.The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\WINDOWS\INF\AER_1025.ADM.

It means that you don't have sufficient permission to modify the file.
    Please check your user account that you are logged in as Administrator . If not, please elevate the privileges to get the full permission.

Then try the following:

1. Open the %systemdrive% folder (normally this is c:\) in Windows Explorer
    2. Right-click on the Windows folder and choose Sharing and Security
    3. Choose the Security tab
    4. Click the Advanced button
    5. Make sure that Users are listed as having Read & Execute permissions, Administrators have Full Control and SYSTEM has Full Control
    6. Check the box that says "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects"
    7. Click the OK button
    8. Try to install .NET Framework 2.0 again. I suggest you to try installing .NET Framework 3.5 full package instead of .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 since it includes both .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Thursday, June 18, 2009 3:25 AM
  • Hi Punkzor,

You can install .NET Framework 3.5 or .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Both of them contain .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0. You also can upgrade .NET Framework 3.5 to SP1.

Thanks

Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Punkzor,

From the error message, it seems that you don't have sufficient permission to modify the file. Could you please check whether you installed .NET Framework on Local Administrator User Account? If not, please elevate the privileges to get the full permission.

For Vista:
    .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 are included as OS components in Vista. So you don't need to install them separately.

For XP:
    If the problem still exists, could you please try using collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    (You also can try installing .NET Framework 3.5 full package instead of .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 since it includes .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0)

Steps:

Thanks
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:25 AM
  • Hi Punkzor,

From the error message, it seems that you don't have sufficient permission to modify the file. Could you please check whether you installed .NET Framework on Local Administrator User Account ? If not, please elevate the privileges to get the full permission.

For Vista:

For XP:

Steps:

Thanks

Ohhh, man..

Sorry, but I don't even know what are you saying.. I'm only in 8th grade and my english is very bad. Can you contact me on skype and then do everything you need on my pc, using teamviewer? It would be great!!

My Skype ID: Blejdux .

EDIT:

There's no %temp% folder... Unless you're talking about folder temp (without %).
    • Unmarked as answer by Punkzor Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:06 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 5:31 PM
  • Hi Punkzor,

"%temp%" folder means the temporary folder on your machine. Please go to Start Menu >> Click Run... >> Type "%temp%" >> Click "OK".

Thanks

Monday, June 15, 2009 2:58 AM
  • Hi Punkzor,

Thanks

Hi again.

I have XP... When I type %temp% into Start Menu -> Run, it opens C:\DOCUME~1\Namu\LOCALS~1\Temp folder. There's 60 different objects. What to do now?

EDIT:

I'm not sure, but maybe you need vslogs.cab file? If yes, then download it here: http://www.4shared.com/file/112400724/332e57ec/vslogs.html

• Edited by Punkzor Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:52 AM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:44 AM
  • Hi Punkzor,

Thank you for your vslog file.

I've searched the log files and noticed the same error message as you mentioned above:

[06/12/09,20:25:02] Error 1321.The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\WINDOWS\INF\AER_1025.ADM.

It means that you don't have sufficient permission to modify the file.
    Please check your user account that you are logged in as Administrator . If not, please elevate the privileges to get the full permission.

Then try the following:

1. Open the %systemdrive% folder (normally this is c:\) in Windows Explorer
    2. Right-click on the Windows folder and choose Sharing and Security
    3. Choose the Security tab
    4. Click the Advanced button
    5. Make sure that Users are listed as having Read & Execute permissions, Administrators have Full Control and SYSTEM has Full Control
    6. Check the box that says "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects"
    7. Click the OK button
    8. Try to install .NET Framework 2.0 again. I suggest you to try installing .NET Framework 3.5 full package instead of .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 since it includes both .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Thursday, June 18, 2009 3:25 AM
  • My Service Pack is 3 , but Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is for Service Pack 1 . It's ok if I install 3.5 ?
    • Edited by Punkzor Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:41 AM
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:39 AM
  • Hi Punkzor,

You can install .NET Framework 3.5 or .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Both of them contain .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0. You also can upgrade .NET Framework 3.5 to SP1.

Thanks

Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:44 AM
  • Holy sheep!!!!!!!!! It's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU YiChun Chen !!!! You are my GOD !!!!!

BYEEE!!!!

Peace & Love!  :)
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:08 AM
  • Hi Punkzor,

I'm so glad to hear that. Cheer! Have a good day! :)
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:10 AM