Using .aspx RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to figure out how to best create a simple form page that will send an email out.  I was viewing a microsoft expression tutorial on Sending Form Results to an Email Address or file but I don't seem to be successful.  The IIS says that aspnet is allowed.  Any help would be appreciated

www.epi.msu.edu/test1.aspx

• Edited by mw610 Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:10 PM

All replies

• "but from the tutorial it seem like a bunch of things did you show up. " Please tell us what tutorial you are talking about. Also please re-read what you posted (as quoted), and try again: what did you mean to say?
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:17 PM
  • Kathy,

I beleive that you posted this link a couple of weeks ago. Contact Us Using ASP.NET If I am incorrect about your posting it please advise and I will withdraw it as your contribution.  However I just used it today and it was a breeze.  It creates the code tells you where to but it and offers different levels of functionality.  Only available in Visual Basic but that is not that big of a hurdle. Why reinvent the wheel when some one has made a very round one for you? 

This could be a help to the OP if I understand his question correctly. If I am not offering to much too soon in the thread.

Thanks,

MIKE E

"It's like déjà vu all over again." — Yogi Berra
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:29 PM
  • Mike, that's not a tutorial, but an online ASP.NET form builder that most of the regulars have referenced at one time or another over the last couple of years. You are correct that the ctrfx generator produces a nice form, with several levels of configurable customization, but I'm not sure what relevance it has to the OP's question about a tutorial.

Unless you were meaning to suggest that s/he give the generator a shot, instead of trying to figure out the problems with the tutorial. Was that your intended meaning?

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:38 PM
  • "Why reinvent the wheel when some one has made a very round one for you? "

Scott,

I had not seen the ctfx generator until Kathy mentioned it a couple of weeks ago so I thought she contributed it.

"This could be a help to the OP if I understand his question correctly. If I am not offering to much too soon in the thread"

Yes my intent was to give the op the option of at least seeing the code markup of generated by the CTFX as perhaps that might help him/her to understand the tutorial.  "if I am not offering too much too soon"  was meant to infer that perhaps Kathy was trying to get the op to understand and work it through rather than show them a work around that would not teach the op how to do it manually. I later thought that might be the case or she would have offered the link her self.  Please know that my primary goal is to help those that post questions here.  Albeit that I learn myself in the process.

I appreciate your attention more than you know,

As Always All the best,

MIKE E

BTW MY610 have you found any of this helpful?

"It's like déjà vu all over again." — Yogi Berra
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:33 PM