Line tool - how to change line color RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Expression Design 3 for a few weeks, creating mostly rectangles and ellipses, and easily changing their colors with Color Picker tool.  I just started to use the Line Tool and can't find a way to get the line color to change.  Whether I set stroke color before creating the line, or select an exiting line object then trying to change color, the color remains black.  Line objects certainly are not behaving like the other objects when it comes to changing color.   I'm sure people will roll their eyes over such a question on a fundamental action,but I read the docs and didn't find an answer.  Thanks.

RJ
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi RJ,

Changing the color should work whether you set it before or after drawing the line,
    From what I have tested it will not change if you change the 'Fill' color, set the color on the stroke tab.

Photobucket

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by RJ9876 Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hi RJ,

Changing the color should work whether you set it before or after drawing the line,
    From what I have tested it will not change if you change the 'Fill' color, set the color on the stroke tab.

Photobucket

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by RJ9876 Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:10 PM
  • Thanks Paul.  You are correct.  I thought had tried changing the stroke property, but empirical evidence now suggests that I didn't!   ;)
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

I am using Expression Design 4 and this does not work. the line color does not change.

If you can be more precise on how the line color is changed.

There is no color option on the stroke tab.

thanks,

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 12:19 PM