none
VS 2015 - Azure Subscription Problem

Question

• Hi, I'm failry new to VS and Azure so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I am testing deploying VMs in Azure - everything works as expected when logged in via the Azure portal, and in VS2015 I can see the VMs that I have deployed that way. My problem is that if I attempt to create a VM through visual studio, when selecting the subscription to use, I get the message "Virtual machines are not available in this subscription". I'm thoroughly confused as, like I say, it's the same subscription that I've used directly through the portal.

Is anyone able to offer any advice please?

Thanks!

Monday, March 06, 2017 1:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What’s your subscription type? If it is free trial, we can only run 2 small VM instances for the entire month, please have a look at this: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/offers/ms-azr-0044p/

Have you tried to sign in with different subscription account in VS? May be the VS has the cache of one unusable subscription account, please try to remove or delete all credential and sign with one valid subscription account to have a test.

>> I am testing deploying VMs in Azure - everything works as expected when logged in via the Azure portal, and in VS2015 I can see the VMs that I have deployed that way.

Meanwhile, it is better to share the screenshot of the Azure portal of those VMs in VS 2015 in here or upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Hi Sara, thanks very much for the reply.

The subscription I'm using was created through a sandbox account on the CSP portal, for testing purposes. I'm also using the same AAD account to set up an Azure Stack TP3 deployment, I don't know if that's relevant or not?

I uploaded a screenshot of VS as you suggested here.

Thanks!

Matt

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 10:47 AM
  • Hi Matt,

Thank you for your update.

After confirmed with the Azure Support engineer, your issue is more relates to the Azure Stack. Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, if you have any issue about VS IDE, I will help you move it to the appropriate forum: Microsoft Azure Azure Stack to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

BTW, I found you shared screenshot is not available, please make sure it is public and can access on your side.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 8:18 AM
  • I'm not really sure how it becomes an Azure Stack problem when I only see the problem in visual studio, but whatever is best.

This link link to the image should work better, apologies.

Thanks
    Matt

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 10:48 AM