Publishing, Approving Multiple Docs - Cooporate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I work for goverment and we have several depts; each with it's own web editor. I am the web editor for my dept. Some depts have to go through an approval path; mine does not. I edit and approve my own work. Currently the organization is setup where everyone has to send web docs through and approval path (publish a major version, then approve/reject).

I would like to know is this a "what's for one goes for all" or can it be setup where some depts go through an approval path and some can be setup not to.  I'm having to publish and approve an abundance of documents individually and since I"m the editor, I don't see why I need to approve my own work.

Thank you!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi. I'm not sure what you mean by your own web editor do you mean you each have your own site or your own document library/list..?

If you go to site settings and then click "Site libraries and lists" then click the library or list that applies to your dept then click on "Versioning settings" here you can choose wether to Require content approval for submitted items

If you dont have acess to the site settings youll have to ask someone else to change it.

Hope this helps!

• Edited by KyleNedic Friday, July 13, 2012 2:57 PM
    Friday, July 13, 2012 2:57 PM
  • If you are using the Enterprise Publishing Features (not WSS only) then you can bulk approve using the "Manage Content and Structure" view in the "Site Actions" menu.

In there you navigate to the library and select multiple document, then in the "Actions" menu use "Approve" or really streamline things with "Publish".

Make sure that Major and Minor version are turned on. Having it set to Major only does not work. I spent days realizing this was more than just a suggestion, and finally took this article literally. (even though I wasn't using a workflow).

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-sharepoint-services-help/use-a-workflow-to-manage-content-approval-for-a-library-HA010154436.aspx#BM2

In addition, you can turn Approvals on and off per list or library in the "Library Settings" and then "Versioning Settings".

Eric

Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:02 PM