How craete setup project to deploy window mobile application? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i am working with vs 2005, sdk 6.0 and c# for developing and deploying window mobile application.

i am used cab project to deploy window mobile application in device. i want to create custom installer for application
    that run on pc and install in device. what is step that i have to follow to crate setup project in above  framework

thank u   
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The following MSDN article (Deploying .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Applications with .cab and .msi Files) should help you :-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446504.aspx

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston
    http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:34 AM
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:20 AM
  • hi,

i am working with vs 2005, sdk 6.0 and c# for developing and deploying window mobile application.

i am used cab project to deploy window mobile application in device. i want to create custom installer for application
    that run on pc and install in device. what is step that i have to follow to crate setup project in above  framework

thank u   

Hi R Jain,

How to create CAB file for Windows Mobile for how to build cab file follow the below steps:

1) In working Project -> go to Solution Explorer and Right Click on Solution Project Name -> Add -> New Project Click on it, then Opened a Add New Project Window and Project Type Section Click on Setup - Development -> Select Smart Device Cab Project and Save it your own desire Name of Project -> and click on OK Button.

2) After add "Select Smart Device Cab Project" then go to Solution Explorer and right click on your CAB Project -> Add -> Project Output... and click on it then Project Output Group and Select "Primary output" and click on OK Button.

3) Now go to Solution Explorer and right click on your CAB Project and Click on Build

4) After successfully "Build" project then you go to your Project saved path location and check in your "\SmartDeviceCab1\Debug \" folder you are able to view your's Project CAB File.

5) Now you can Connect you Device to your PC and Open it and Copy and past CAB File on specific path location in your device and now put your device and go to path location on your device and single click on the CAB File now it will automatically installing on your Device.

For More information see this link

Hope this may be help.

If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The following MSDN article (Deploying .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Applications with .cab and .msi Files) should help you :-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446504.aspx

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston
    http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:20 AM
  • hi,

thank u   

Hi R Jain,

How to create CAB file for Windows Mobile for how to build cab file follow the below steps:

1) In working Project -> go to Solution Explorer and Right Click on Solution Project Name -> Add -> New Project Click on it, then Opened a Add New Project Window and Project Type Section Click on Setup - Development -> Select Smart Device Cab Project and Save it your own desire Name of Project -> and click on OK Button.

2) After add "Select Smart Device Cab Project" then go to Solution Explorer and right click on your CAB Project -> Add -> Project Output... and click on it then Project Output Group and Select "Primary output" and click on OK Button.

3) Now go to Solution Explorer and right click on your CAB Project and Click on Build

4) After successfully "Build" project then you go to your Project saved path location and check in your "\SmartDeviceCab1\Debug \" folder you are able to view your's Project CAB File.

5) Now you can Connect you Device to your PC and Open it and Copy and past CAB File on specific path location in your device and now put your device and go to path location on your device and single click on the CAB File now it will automatically installing on your Device.

For More information see this link

Hope this may be help.

If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:54 AM
  • Hello,

i am follow all step of http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446504.aspx . result is installation success full but i am getting following error during installation.

Application manager cannot install this application on your mobile device due to an error in setup file. Reinstall and try again.

Hoping for help,

Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:23 AM