Load test a WebAPI RRS feed

• Question

• User81930426 posted

Hi,

I have a WebAPI hosted on a centrally located server. I need to know how I can use Load test Project and load test this API using code instead of the load test wizard?

Is there any separate forum on Microsoft for the load testing project?

Thanks

Monday, September 7, 2015 6:20 AM

Answers

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

I need to know how I can use Load test Project and load test this API using code instead of the load test wizard?

You can either create a console application which makes a bunch of requests to the Web API. You could also make use of stressstimulus, a plugin on Fiddler, to accomplish the same.

No.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 6:55 AM
  • User-383679542 posted

You can use Apache JMeter for load testing the Web API - Here is one blog post on same - http://www.dotnetthoughts.net/load-testing-web-api-using-apache-jmeter/ 

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:17 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

I need to know how I can use Load test Project and load test this API using code instead of the load test wizard?

You can either create a console application which makes a bunch of requests to the Web API. You could also make use of stressstimulus, a plugin on Fiddler, to accomplish the same.

No.

Grz, Kris.

Monday, September 7, 2015 6:55 AM
  • User-383679542 posted

You can use Apache JMeter for load testing the Web API - Here is one blog post on same - http://www.dotnetthoughts.net/load-testing-web-api-using-apache-jmeter/ 

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:17 AM