Bluetooth PAN support in NetMon RRS feed

• Question

• I use my cell phone as a connection to non-corporate network so that I can test new services we are trying to implement (because we don't do that many very frequently). I can't seem to figure out how to get netmon to load a driver onto that network adapter and am not even sure if it supports that kind of adapter.

If anyone has guidance on whether NetMon supports that kind of connection/adapter and if so how I setup that service on the adapter.
    Thank you

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:15 PM

All replies

• Currently we only support NDIS devices.  I don't beleive Bluetooth PAN uses NDIS so there for we cannot sniff this type of traffic.  It might be possible on Windows 7 to capture this traffic using netsh and "netsh trace start capture=yes", but this is not something I'm able to test.

We will track this request for the future.

Thanks,

Paul
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:42 PM

• It seems the info is long already, Is there any new info about this?
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:42 AM
  • Hi Daryl,

Network Monitor 3.4 still only captures on NDIS devices; however, if you can use netsh and the right set of providers, it could read the .etl file generated to some extent.

I'm not sure if we have parsers for the Bluetooth events yet or not though.  If not, you could request them at http://nmparsers.codeplex.com/.

Michael Hawker | Program Manager | Network Monitor
    Monday, February 21, 2011 4:02 PM