none
OneNote 2013, need a way to compress the images ive inserted into my notebooks without redoing them from scratch. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need a way to compress the images ive inserted into my notebooks without redoing them from scratch.  I know I could get a tool to compress my picture files then insert them into onenote, but im not the author of the notebooks being used and would love to be able to do it in OneNote.  Is there any way to do this with a Macro?  Its just the guy who created the notebooks just took photos on his phone then inserted them into Onenote without altering them, so there big thus the notebooks are big.  The BB at the office is only 8meg and so we are having a hard time loading the notebooks from OneDrive, we cant copy them locally as the guy creates them on site then saves them to OneDrive then the office can access them as he has shared them.  I found an Addon called OneTastic but it only resizes the images by % and makes them smaller on screen, I need something to actually compress the image so the files are smaller.

Im not great at coding so would love it if anyone knew how to code a macro to do the job?

Thanks

JK

JK MCP

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know OneNote will not support VBA.   And this is a library for OneNote API ,you can refer to if you want to automate OneNote.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn575420.aspx

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by L.HlModerator Friday, March 27, 2015 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Sunday, March 29, 2015 3:27 PM
    Friday, March 20, 2015 10:31 AM