none
Webserver cannot connect to SQL 2008 server RRS feed

• Question

• Title:

Webserver cannot connect to SQL 2008 server

Question: I'm running an application that connects via webserver to an SQL 2008 database. I had a problem with the webserver hardware that required a reboot. I went ahead and rebooted and get the following stack trace in my web browser:

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Unable to connect to the database.]
       QualTrax.UserGroup.Group.GetFavoritesList(Int32 GroupId, List`1& Favs) +540
       QualTrax.Web.UI.QtMasterPage.LoadFavorites() +404
       QualTrax.Web.UI.QtMasterPage.LoadNavbar() +668
       QualTrax.Web.UI.QtMasterPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3464
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

What has happened and how can i fix it?

Thanks,
    musicbridge
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 5:24 AM

Answers

• Try post your connection string and the error message to the SQL Server Data Access forum under the SQL Server category.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by musicbridge Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:30 AM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:03 AM

All replies

• Try post your connection string and the error message to the SQL Server Data Access forum under the SQL Server category.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by musicbridge Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:30 AM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:03 AM
  • Thanks Sheng!

JPertchik
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:31 AM