Weird build on HttpHandler RRS feed

• Question

• User685045616 posted
    Hey I posted this already but no one responded and I really would like an answer. I'm having a very weird problem using a ashx file. I built the file and tested it and it worked fine. Then I made a change on an aspx page in the same project and when I ran it the changes didn't show up in the dll. It is very wierd, I even tried commenting out some code in the page and then setting a break point on the page. First the breakpoint changed it's position on me and then it ran through and executed my commented out code! I figured out that in order to get any changes I make to the project to reflect in the next build I had to exclude the ashx file from the project, build the project, and then reinclude the ashx file and then build it again and then it worked. This is a total mystery to me and it's really really annoying. Now I have to do this on every build just to get it to work. Does anyone know why this is happening? or know a work around for this. If you need to see the code for the ashx file you can view my original post here: <post>791634</post> Thanks Jeremy
    Friday, January 7, 2005 11:55 AM

All replies

• User685045616 posted
    what the hell this was suppose to end up on a different forum.
    Friday, January 7, 2005 5:24 PM