Expression Blend messes my VS 2010 solution RRS feed

• Question

• This is the second time this has happened to me in this project.

When I open my solution in Expression Blend the project I have opened fails to compile next time im back in VS with the following error

for the project I was altering in Blend::

Error 18 Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\RadArtzCompound.Modules.Stock.dll" to "bin\Debug\RadArtzCompound.Modules.Stock.dll". Could not find file 'obj\Debug\RadArtzCompound.Modules.Stock.dll'. RadArtzCompound

Error 19 SubProject ..\Stock\RadArtzCompound.Modules.Stock.csproj failed to build. RadArtzCompound

for the solution::

Error 13 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RadArtzCompound\RadArtzCompound\bin\Debug\RadArtzCompound.exe' could not be found RadCompoundTests

No doubt there is some namespace or setup within the project that I can alter back...but im afraid im not enough of a UBER user to understand where to start other than ive now pinpointed it to Expression Blend... last time i simply started a whole new project leaving the old project out of the solution!!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:39 AM

All replies

• OK

A few things i discovered:

Seems Expression Belnd renamed the folder that the project was in, it's changed back now & removed then re-added the project to the solution...however I'm still getting the same error.

It's a little bizarre because the project "Stock" builds, when i build it by itself, yet when I try to build the solution it fails with the above errors.

Surely someone has seen somehting similar and can at least suggest where I should be looking?

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:08 AM