cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Services Must First be Installed(Using InstallUtil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer,Windows Services Administrator Tool or the NET START command. RRS feed

• Question

• i am using visual studio2013 proffesional.how to solve above problem in windows application and when i try to install windows services.that could not be done. how to install the windows services.
    • Moved by Youjun Tang Friday, April 24, 2015 6:39 AM more related to the suggested forum
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Ramanil,

Do you mean you cannot start service from the command line?

Like following cmd,

Using net stop [service name] to stop it and net start [service name] to start it up again basically restarting the service.

If so, you should make sure you have done the thing correctly. If tha't not what you want, please be more specific about what you are trying to do and feel free to let me know.

Firstly you should make sure your service code is working fine.

Secondly, if you are win7 or win8 os,

1. On the Windows Start menu or Start screen, choose Visual Studio, Visual Studio Tools, Developer Command Prompt.
    2. A Visual Studio command prompt appears.
    3. Run InstallUtil.exe from the command prompt with your project's output as a parameter:
    installutil /u <yourproject>.exe

Here  is my screenshot,

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kristin Xie Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:21 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramanil,

This forum is discussing about windows Forms applications like Form design and Form controls. Your issue is more related with windows services. I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Reference: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=csharpgeneral

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, April 24, 2015 6:38 AM
  • Hi Ramanil,

Do you mean you cannot start service from the command line?

Like following cmd,

Using net stop [service name] to stop it and net start [service name] to start it up again basically restarting the service.

If so, you should make sure you have done the thing correctly. If tha't not what you want, please be more specific about what you are trying to do and feel free to let me know.

Firstly you should make sure your service code is working fine.

Secondly, if you are win7 or win8 os,

1. On the Windows Start menu or Start screen, choose Visual Studio, Visual Studio Tools, Developer Command Prompt.
    2. A Visual Studio command prompt appears.
    3. Run InstallUtil.exe from the command prompt with your project's output as a parameter:
    installutil /u <yourproject>.exe

Here  is my screenshot,

Best regards,

Kristin

• Marked as answer by Kristin Xie Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:21 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 7:34 AM