identity showing up as a textbox in Dynamic Data project - never Mind RRS feed

• Question

• User1838126768 posted

I'm just learning about Dynamic Data - - and I'm having problem. I've searched hear on the forums, and I can't really understand some of the 'fixes' for what I'm experiencing - this has just got to be more simple.

Here's the deal - I only used one table - it's got an ID field with identity turned on and it's a primary key. When I click on the 'Insert' link, I get a textbox for this field - - in SQL, I shouldn't need to enter this, since it's auto-generating. If I enter a number, that doesn't work (as expected) and if I ignore it, that doesn't work either, since it's a 'required' field .....

What am I missing?

(Never mind - I switched from Entities to Linq to SQL and it worked as expected.)

Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:56 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

Hi elmoWatson, you can hide tha field using metadata but if it's a primary key field and set as an identity column is should not show, the only time have seen this is when using WCF RIA Services and the Domain Service as your model in DD this seems to loose the infor about what the column is and then you need to hide using:

[ScaffoldeColumn(false)]

or

[Display(AutoGenerateColumn=false)]

Hope this helps

P.S. when posting it can help a lot if you mention what your data model is and what version of the .Net framework you are on.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:36 AM

All replies